1. Check valves are used in pipe lines to reduce
water hammer and to prevent back flow of
water to the pumps from rising mains.
2. These valves are suitable for handling clear water having turbidity of 3000 ppm maximum within the limits of the pressure ratings mentioned overleaf and for temperature O upto 50 Deg. C.
foot valves are used in suction side of pumps to avoid flow reversal from pump to the sump , in order to maintain pump priming . They also prevent entry of foreign body into the pump through suction pipe . these valves are suitable for clear water within the limits specified by IS:4038
1. Clear water having turbidity upto 5000 ppm and temperature upto 45° C.
2. Other fluids with maximum pressure / temperature conditions within the scope of IS:14846.
3. Valves can also be supplied upto 180° C working temperatures with special design, subject to working pressure limitations.
Kinetic air valves are commonly used in air venting/air admission services in water pipelines. Performance of a kinetic air valve is severely affected by tampering the valve with an external mechanism. Tamper proof Kinetic Air Valves provide longer service life and cost effective maintenance. With cast iron body, cover and cowl it has a pressure rating of PN 1.0-1.6.